Common Formative Assessment
Common formative assessment at the classroom level is a systematic and cyclical process designed to provide timely teacher/student feedback on curricula and student learning to improve both instructional practices and academic achievement.
- Understand the clear purposes of assessment by clarifying
- Why assess?
- Who will use the results of assessment?
- How will the assessment data be used to improve teaching and learning?
- Develop clear and meaningful learning targets to guide instruction and student learning
- Construct quality assessment instruments which are of sound design and measure the learning target
Presenter and Participant Materials
Participant Handouts: Listed below are handout packets that are valuable to all sections of the CFA learning package as well as additional handouts specifically related to each of the sections.
Pre/Post Educator-Learner Assessments: Pre and post assessments are a component of high quality professional development.It is recommended that all consultants and other trainer/facilitators use them as they tailor their professional development for their audience. The pre/post assessment and the answer key are posted below for downloading and administering.
Presenter Materials: Listed below are powerpoint files that include presenter notes.
For More Information and Resources