This lesson provides information that will assist teams in developing a Check-In, Check-Out (CICO) intervention. Developing systems for monitoring fidelity of implementation, social validity, and intervention outcomes are key features of your Check-In, Check-Out intervention. Documenting all intervention components using the Intervention Essential Features template will provide a clear description of CICO components. This will assist in stakeholder communication and sustainability of implementation.
By the end of this lesson, you will be able to:
- Develop a system for monitoring fidelity of CICO implementation.
- Develop a system for monitoring CICO social validity.
- Develop a system for monitoring intervention outcomes.
- Develop Intervention Essential Features documentation to provide a clear description of all CICO intervention components.
This lesson is for Tier 2 teams that have developed their Tier 2 systems, have viewed the Check-In, Check-Out (CICO) Introductory Overview, CICO Program Design, CICO Daily Progress Report, CICO Systems for Reinforcement and Response to Referrals, Identifying CICO Participants and Data Management, CICO Plans for Self-Management, Fading and Graduation and CICO Training for Staff, Students, and Families lessons, and are ready to begin developing systems for evaluating program outcomes. Teams planning for preschool or high school implementation should also have completed either the CICO Adaptations for Preschool Implementation or CICO Adaptations for High School Implementation lessons.
Systems in place should include: 1) Tier 2 team roles and responsibilities, 2) identifying students for Tier 2 support, 3) collecting student information to make informed decisions and determine function of behavior, and 4) staff training and communication. Refer to Courses 1-4 for information about developing these systems.
- What does it mean to “implement with fidelity”?
- What might be checked to determine if CICO is being implemented with fidelity?
- How is social validity different from fidelity of implementation?