No matter which option your school chooses, it is important that all classroom behaviors/rules follow the OMPUA Guidelines.
Specifically Identified behaviors should be:
- Observable – Behaviors we can see
- Measurable – We can count occurrences
- Positively Stated – What we do to be successful
- Understandable – Student-friendly language
- Always Applicable – The same everyday
|Observable||Use positive self-talk when working.||Think positively.|
Bring needed materials to class.
|Be ready to learn.|
Walk in the classroom.
|Understandable||Keep your body and materials to yourself.||Maintain adequate personal space.|
|Stay in your assigned area.||Remain seated unless given permission to move.|