UNPACKING CICO INTRODUCTION/OVERVIEW
TOPIC IN ACTION
Pause & Reflect #1
Based on what you have learned about students most likely to benefit from CICO:
- Consider several students who struggle with problem behavior – would they be good candidates for CICO? Why or why not?
- How will the information gathered on the Adapted FACTS Part A be helpful in making decisions about students who are good candidates for Check-In, Check-Out?
Pause & Reflect #2
Based on what you know about the daily components, why is Check-In, Check-Out particularly effective for students who are seeking adult attention?
Pause & Reflect #3
If a colleague approaches you and asks why Check-In, Check-Out was selected as an intervention for your school, what information could you provide to support the implementation of CICO?
TOPIC IN PRACTICE
There is a scenario embedded within the video about a student named Cynthia. The scenario walks through what the daily, weekly or twice-monthly, and quarterly components are implemented in her school. Follow along with the Tier 2 Cynthia CICO Scenario and answer these questions at the end:
- How did Cynthia receive increased positive adult attention?
- What did you notice about the positive feedback Cynthia received?
- What did you notice about the corrective feedback Cynthia received?
- How were staff members informed about CICO outcomes and recognized for their implementation efforts?