PROTOCOLS IN PRACTICE
Examine a Protocol
Constructivist Tuning Protocol
Peeling the Onion: Developing the Problem Protocol
Tips for Effective Use of Protocols1The Power of Protocols: An Educator’s Guide to Better Practice, McDonald, Joseph P. (2007) ...continue
- A responsive and attentive facilitator
- Protected meeting time
- Make the purpose meaningful
- Purposefully aligning the protocol and the purpose
- Build background knowledge for all participants on the purpose and use of protocols
- Model and review the protocol with participants
- Follow the steps of the protocol
- Allow time to reflect on the effectiveness of the protocol
PROTOCOLS IN ACTION
- Where are we in the use of protocols?
- Would the use of protocols improve our collaboration?
- How do we use this information?
- What more do we need to know?
- What are our next steps?
- How should we structure our conversations?
References [ + ]
|1.||↑||The Power of Protocols: An Educator’s Guide to Better Practice, McDonald, Joseph P. (2007) National School Reform Faculty / Harmony Education Center www.nsrharmony.org. See also: http://http://www.nsrfharmony.org/system/files/protocols/responsive_facilitation_0.pdf|