Research shows the same amount of information is remembered better if study practice sessions are spaced in time rather than done at one time. To successfully implement spaced study, teachers choose and structure practice sessions for information connection that strengthens understanding and retention.
At the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- Define spaced practice and its benefits.
- Cite pre-requisites for effective study and practice.
- Explain the four practice types.
- Develop a practice instructional plan that incorporates spaced intervals, specific criteria for improvement, challenges, variety, and possible interleaving.
- What study practice enables students to retain knowledge best?
- How am I currently teaching my students to study?