UNPACKING CICO APPLICATIONS FOR PRESCHOOL IMPLEMENTATION
TOPIC IN ACTION
Pause & Reflect #1
- Will CICO be implemented program-wide or class-wide in your context?
- Are Tier 1 systems, data, and practices in place with fidelity? How do you know?
- Is there administrative support for CICO implementation?
- What professional development will your staff need?
Pause & Reflect #2
- If you will be implementing program-wide, who is available to serve as the coordinator?
- Who can be the facilitators for checking-in and checking-out?
- What training will your coordinator and facilitators need?
Information about CICO Coordinator and Facilitator responsibilities can be found in the CICO Program Design lesson.
Pause & Reflect #3
Review the PAWS Club Report, Preschool DPR with Pictures, and Preschool DPR Kindness Chart handouts.
- What pictures could you use to illustrate your expectations?
- Will you use emoticons or a color-coding system?
Information about key features of a DPR can be found in the CICO Daily Progress Report lesson.
Pause & Reflect #4
- Who will serve on your team that reviews CICO data and makes decisions based on that data?
- Do you have someone with behavioral expertise who can be a member of your team?
Pause & Reflect #5
- Do you currently have a nomination process that allows teachers and parents to make a referral?
- How will you ensure that when a referral is received, the team will discuss: 1) if the behaviors are atypical and 2) if the student needs additional teaching and practice before starting a more intensive intervention such as CICO?