Common Formative Assessment
Common formative assessment at the classroom level is a systematic and cyclical process designed to provide timely teacher/student feedback on curricula and student learning to improve both instructional practices and academic achievement.
- Understand the clear purposes of assessment by clarifying
- Why assess?
- Who will use the results of assessment?
- How will the assessment data be used to improve teaching and learning?
- Develop clear and meaningful learning targets to guide instruction and student learning
- Construct quality assessment instruments which are of sound design and measure the learning target
Participant and Presenter Materials
Listed below are handout packets that are valuable to all sections of the CFA professional learning module as well as additional handouts specifically related to each of the sections.
Pre/Post Educator-Learner Assessments
Pre and post assessments are a component of high quality professional development.It is recommended that all consultants and other trainer/facilitators use them as they tailor their professional development for their audience. The pre/post assessment and the answer key are posted below for downloading and administering.
PowerPoint files with detailed presenter notes are available for each learning package.